Thursday, April 26, 2018
Monday, March 19, 2018
School Management Software - Jupsoft eConnectK12
Jupsoft eConnectK12 is an user-friendly School ERP comes with login access for teachers, administrators, students, parents and management of the school. This paperless automation solution eliminates repeated data entry and helps institutions to work smart and focus on what they do best – impart education!
It is a software designed especially for institutions from Kindergarten to 12th to enable systematic, efficient and smooth day-to-day functioning. It caters all board of schools like CBSE, ICSE, IB, fulfilling their compliance.
Monday, September 4, 2017
Digital Notice Boards – Welcoming the New Era in Education
From the reception area to the staff room, from the cafeteria to the classroom, the latest electronic notice board solutions offer an exciting and innovative way to get information to the staff, students or visitors. Digital bulletin boards ensure that you communicate the right message to the right people at the right time.
Digital signage can display information, news and important messages on screens and display units all over campus, in classrooms, hallways or the teachers’ lounge.
Digital bulletin boards are especially useful during events as they project messages right away. They can be used to show the scores during sports events or the schedules and seating arrangements during Annual Day. They are immensely helpful in guiding people around, especially in case of emergencies.
Institutions are getting creative in the way they use their digital boards. Right from displaying the day’s menu to broadcasting the latest news, thanking sponsors and donors, and even advertising courses and affiliated shops – they are effectively disbursing information for the ‘digital generation’!
Why Digital Notice Boards?
- Time and cost efficient
- Quick and easy
- Effective coordination
- Content creation at a central location
- Automatic display of content
- Instant updates and live information
- Visually appealing
Tuesday, August 22, 2017
An increasing number of educational institutions are implementing ERP systems for improved operational efficiency, making mundane daily processes quick and transparent. However, ERP projects are thought to be complex and risky. Therefore, it is important for organizations to focus on organizational relevance while choosing ERP partners and solutions, and also on risk management to make ERP implementation successful.
ERP systems integration can involve several risk factors and implementation may not be successful if projects exceed time limit and budget, training of staff is inadequate, systems are not upgraded regularly, no back-end support is provided, etc. Therefore, several factors should be considered while integrating ERP systems, and a risk management team should be deployed to mitigate risks and handle challenges. Here are a few points to be considered by the risk management team.
- Number of integration points: A gradual change is always more welcome than a sudden one. Projects that attempt to integrate everything at once are prone to adverse results due to the increased complexity, challenges and large number of inter-dependencies. Scaling down the scope in the beginning and focusing on quick, easy processes can be a key motivating factor for the users. The capabilities and scale of the project can be increased gradually.
- Understanding the requirements: Adequate time should be given to understanding the requirements, and in planning the integration phases. A clear vision helps in matching the solution to requirements, thus reducing changes required to suit the institution or its staff.
- Selecting the right infrastructure: Undertaking an ERP integration project with inadequate or outdated infrastructure can lead to grave challenges and excessive costs. For example, solutions that rely on manual programming or overly complex software can create multiple issues for users.
- Avoiding impractical timelines: Aggressive schedules are fine but impractical schedules must be avoided. Realistic timelines must be set to achieve results.
- Training and support: Introducing change to an organization always carries with it the risk of institutional or user resistance. Training the staff and other stakeholders is the key to achieving results and making the project successful, as they are the end users. Back-end support and assistance is also of prime importance to avoid initial hiccups in operations.
- Introducing testing plans: Testing should be done often to detect problems. Test scripts and automated testing can help ensure accelerated and more complete discovery of problems early in the ERP integration project.
- Sensitive data: An ERP solution handles large amount of data. Some of that data may be sensitive and require additional security. ERP partners should be consulted to ensure security and safety of such data and transactions.
Knowing the risks and challenges involved in ERP implementation allows us to better prevent and manage them. At Jupsoft, we have successfully completed hundreds of implementations and have worked alongside our clients to mitigate risks. Get in touch with us if you wish to discuss any of these risks or others you may be worried about or experiencing. We would be happy to help!